Children are expected to wear a school uniform; the uniform worn adds to the sense of pride and community encouraged at Kennett Primary School. While available direct from the school’s supplier, there is no requirement for pupils to wear items of clothing incorporating the school logo.
Please ensure all uniform is clearly labelled.
The Kennett Primary School uniform consists of the following:
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with optional school logo
- White or light blue polo shirt or shirt
- Grey or black trousers or shorts
- Grey or black dress, just above the knee
- In the summer, there is the option for pupils to wear a blue gingham dress
- Grey, navy or black tights
- Socks should be plain grey, black or white
- Black, grey or navy traditional leather-style school shoes – no trainers, boots, open toe or high heel shoes
- Pupils may bring bags and coats appropriate for school; these may be used in other contexts outside of school. Upon joining Kennett Primary School, all pupils are provided with their first book bag free of charge.
- Nail varnish is not permitted and children will be asked to remove this at home, where this doesn’t happen nail varnish remover will be offered under supervision.
- Children must have a change of clothes for PE, including jumpers
- Black or navy shorts
- Plain white t-shirt
- Trainers or black plimsols
- Plain black or navy jogging bottoms and a plain sweatshirt for PE lessons during colder months
- For swimming lessons, pupils should wear either a swimming costume (one-piece) or swimming shorts, a swimming hat and swimming goggles
Rules for PE
- Long hair should be tied up.
- For health and safety reasons, children should be confidently able to remove all jewellery on PE days
- Pupils may style their hair in a way that is appropriate for school yet makes them feel most comfortable. For safety reasons, pupils are asked to tie up hair that is below shoulder length without large or novelty hair accessories that may cause distraction or get lost/damaged.
- We ask that unnatural hair colorants are not used
- Our schools have signed up to the HALO Collective. Our school champions the right of staff and students to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black staff and students’ racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
You can order branded school uniform by following this link.
We are committed to supporting families as they seek to dispose of second-hand uniform. To support this commitment, Kennett Primary School is registered with the Uniformerly website and offer a free, second-hand uniform exchange.
Please speak to Mr Horsley if you need financial support to purchase uniform.