As Kennett has small numbers of pupils, we risk an individual pupil’s results being identified if we publish them on our website. Therefore, each year we will provide a quick run down of our summer results.
Kennett Primary School’s 2016 Results
As Kennett has small numbers of pupils, we risks an individual pupil’s results being identified if we publish them on our website. Below is a quick run down of our summer 2016 results.
- Early Years: Our Reception pupils made strong and rapid progress, considering their starting points (especially in writing and particularly the boys). The % of Reception pupils that reached the GLD was well-above national expectations.
- Year 1 phonics: Outcomes in the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check were above national levels. This demonstrates greatly improved phonics outcomes at Kennett (the best results the school has seen).
- Key Stage 1: The percentage of Kennett pupils achieving the expected standard in all three core subjects was below national averages. Pupils at Key Stage 1 achieving below national is a trend for our school. However, strong Early Years provision will support a smoother transition into Year 1.
- Key Stage 2: The number of pupils reaching the expected standard in Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPAG) and in Writing was in line with national averages. The percentage of pupils reaching this standard in reading was well above the national average however below in maths. The number of pupils exceeding in SPAG was above national. ·Confidence levels show that Kennett is not statistically significant from National Average.
- Key Stage 2 progress scores:
- a) Reading 0.9
- b) Writing 0.9
- c) Maths -0.9
We are very proud of how hard the children and staff at Kennett Primary School work to achieve national expectations and beyond by Year 6.